Concepts used in building the Clone:
- HTML- Inputs, Labels, divs, IDs and other attributes
- CSS- Grid, Flex, float, combinators
- Git Hub , Git branch and collab.
Project statement and expectations:
We as a team were supposed to build about 5–6 pages of envoy website depending upon the complexity of the same.
Roles and Responsibilities of Team Members:
- As a team of 4, we broke down the website into smaller tasks, and thus were working simultaneously by forking different branches for each person.
- We used to meet thrice a day to discuss , share and solve each others’s problem and take updates on team’s progress.
- We used git hub for collaboration and version control to keep to website up to date at all ends.
- I took the task to build the index page , nav bar and footer part. Afzal , Manohar and Paveesa took the task for products page, solutions page and login & signup page respectively.
Challenges faced & how we overcame them:
- One of the major challenges faced was actually working in a collaborative fashion where every person was supposed to take the existing code by pulling it, add his/her features by pushing it into his branch, and merge it again with the master branch.We took our time to understand git workflow.We overcame it by being synced with each at all times so as to keep all the team members know about the status of the code, and features implemented in it.
- Another challenge was deciding which of the pages to build,no features that can be implemented and possibility to implement within the given time frame.